Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (formal) If something is sufficient, it means there is enough or that it is good enough.
- We now have a sufficient number of people to do the job.
- The food supplies should be sufficient to last the winter.
- The factory was shut down because if didn't meet the necessary and sufficient conditions for safety.
- A teacher said three examples are usually sufficient when writing paragraph.
- (indefinite) You use sufficient to identify the smallest amount needed.
- Sufficient of us are against this idea that we should stop now.