Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also sub-
- (informal) Short for submarine.
- (informal) Short for submarine sandwich.
- (informal) Short for substitute.
- (informal), (UK) Short for subscription.
- (slang), (BDSM sex) Short for submissive.
- (US), (informal) To substitute for.
- I subbed for an injured player during last night's game.
- (US), (informal) To work as a substitute teacher, especially in primary and secondary education.
- Now that I've retired from my full-time teaching job, I'll do some subbing from time to time to keep busy and earn a little extra money.
- Ms. Smith subs for Mr. Jones' math class when he's sick.
- (UK), (informal), (football) To replace (a player) with a substitute.
- He never really made a contribution to the match, so it was no surprise when he was subbed at half time.