Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A stunt is something dangerous you might do to get attention.
- Jumping over a river on a motorcycle is a dangerous stunt.
- The actor did all his own stunts for the movie.
- That last stunt almost got you killed!
- (countable) A stunt is something that you do that gets you in trouble.
- I was punished for the stunt I pulled [did] in school.
- It is common to say "pull a stunt" to mean "do a stunt."
- To stunt something is to slow or stop its development.
- He was very short because sickness had stunted his growth.