Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- A stub is a short piece of something left when the rest has been used.
- He chewed on the stub of his pencil.
- A stub is the part of a ticket or cheque that you keep.
- He put the ticket stub into his pocket and entered the theatre.
- A stub is something short and blunt.
- They cut off the branch, leaving a small stub.
- In Wiktionary and Wikipedia, a stub is an article that is short and not complete.
- He was angry, because the article he needed for his homework was just a stub.
- To stub is to put out something burning by crushing it.
- Before entering the building, he had to stub out his cigarette.
- If you stub your toe, you hit it hard against something.
- I was scared walking in bare feet, because I could stub my toe.
- To stub is to pull out by the roots.
- The farmer needed to stub his field before he could plant a new crop.