- snake is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A snake is a long, thin reptile with no legs.
- Some snakes will attack people, but most will try to hide or run away.
- (countable) A snake is a dishonest, treacherous person.
- Chuck is a snake to do a low thing like that.
- (countable) A snake is a tool used to unclog plumbing.
- (intransitive) If you snake, you move in a winding path.
- The river snakes through the valley.
- (transitive) If you snake, you clean or unclog a clog using a plumbing snake.