Jump to navigation Jump to search
(countable & uncountable)
- (uncountable) Silence is when no noise is heard.
- The silence was strange, not even a bird could be heard.
- (countable) A silence is a time when there is no noise.
- We had one minute of silence to remember the people who had died in the war.
Related words and phrases[change]
- If you silence something, you stop it from making noise.
- If you silence someone, you stop them from talking.
- This section needs someone to add example sentences to it.