Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A scrap of paper or fabric is a small piece that is left unused after something is made.
- After Timmy cut up a magazine for his art project, there were scraps of paper everywhere.
- (countable) A scrap of food is something that isn't eaten
- Timmy ate most of his dinner, but left scraps of ham on his plate.
- (usually before a noun) Scrap metal or parts are pieces of junk that can be reused.
- There was a big pile of scrap metal in One-Eyed Joe's Junkyard.
- (transitive) When you scrap a project or plan, you stop working on it before it is completed.
- Plans for a 100-story skyscraper were scrapped when the company ran out of money.
- (transitive) When you scrap a car that can't be used anymore, you sell it to a junkyard, which will destroy the car after removing any parts that can be sold.
- Jim's car had to be scrapped after it got in an accident.