Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A scent is a smell.
- The scent of fresh bread filled the house.
- The dogs followed the scent to a hole in the ground.
- (transitive) If sents , gives a smell.
- The flowers scented the room.
- He gave her a scented card.
- (transitive) If you scent something such as danger or a story, you have a feeling that it exists.
- When the president didn't appear, the newspapers scented a story.
- ((transitive)) If an animal scents something, it smells it.
- The deer ran when they scented the hunter.