Jump to navigation Jump to search
- roll is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /rəʊl/, SAMPA: /r@Ul/
- (US) enPR: rōl, IPA (key): /roʊl/, SAMPA: /roUl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): role
- To roll is to move by turning over many times. Round things like balls can roll.
- The snowball rolled down the hill faster and faster.
- To roll something is to make it round by bending it around many times.
- She rolled the newspaper into a long, thin rod.
- A roll is something round that was made by rolling.
- The cloth in the store is in big rolls.
- A roll is a bun: a small, round piece of bread.
- I like jelly rolls!