Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A report is a description of something that has happened.
- There was a recent report on the election.
- (countable) A report is a document that gives the results of a study of a particular situation.
- (countable) A report is a loud fast noise.
- He could hear the report of the explosion.
- (transitive & intransitive) If the news reports something, it tells us about it.
- The journalist reported that there were riots in the city.
- He's been reporting on the ongoing war in Iraq.
- (transitive & intransitive) When you report something that has happened, you describe it.
- They reported to the police that their car had been stolen.
- She reported hearing loud noises at the time of the incident.
- He's reported to have been there at the time.
- So, you should report on your progress in three days.
- (transitive) If you report somebody for something they've done wrong, you tell an official about the problem.
- The restaurant was reported to the city because of the dangerous kitchen.
- (intransitive) If you report somewhere, you go there and give your name.
- Visitors to the school should report to the office.