Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive & intransitive) If you reply to someone or something, you answer using words.
- "Are you OK?" she ask. "Yes," I replied.
- I said hi and she did not reply.
- She'll reply to questions in writing.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you reply to someone or something, you react.
- The Cubs replied with three points of their own to win the game.
- (countable) A reply is the words you use to answer someone.
- "Why?" He received no reply. "Did you hear me?"
- "Is it OK if I go?" Without waiting for a reply, he ran back toward the dining area.