Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /rəˈneɪs(ə)ns/ or /rəˈneɪsɑːns/ or /rəˈneɪsɒ̃(n)s/ or /ˌrɛnəˈsɒ̃(n)s/
- (US) (Canada) IPA (key): /ˈrɛnəˌsɑns/ or /ˌrɛnəˈsɑns/
Audio (US) (file)
- A renaissance is the rebirth of an idea, art style, institution, place, etc.
- Poetry is experiencing a lively renaissance, with many more people writing and reading it.
- The Renaissance is a period in the history of Europe beginning in about 1400 when modern ideas about science began to develop.
- For hundreds of years, the Arab world saved the ancient writings that were the foundation of the Renaissance.