Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reject is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) If you reject an idea or belief, you decide that you do not believe it.
- We reject the idea that English is somehow "better" than other languages.
- The court rejected his arguments that he should be set free.
- (transitive) If you reject a person, you refuse to care for that person.
- Often people who are infected with AIDS are rejected by family and friends.
- (transitive) If you reject an object, you refuse to take it or keep it.
- Consumers have the right to reject problem goods and demand a refund.
- (countable) A reject is something that has been rejected.
- (countable); (slang) A reject is a stupid person.