Jump to navigation Jump to search
Regime is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A regime is a government, especially a bad or illegal one.
- Washington ended rule by the Taliban and established a new client regime in Afghanistan.
- Questions about how Jews had been treated under the Nazi regime troubled him after he had settled in Germany.
- (countable) A regime is a plan or system.
- Under Labour's new tax regime, families will be worse off.