Jump to content
- (uncountable) Recognition is the act of recognizing somebody or something.
- The man had been dead so long, his body was beyond recognition.
- Children with strong word-recognition skills tend to be strong readers.
- Computers are getting much better at facial recognition.
- (uncountable) Recognition of something is an acceptance of it.
- The group cannot continue its work without international recognition.
- There is a general recognition of the importance of religious freedom for all people.
- (uncountable) If someone receives recognition for the things that they have done, people say that those things are good or important.
- His writing has received both local and international recognition and awards.