Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /pɹəˈɡɹɛsɪv/
- Something that is progressive has to do with progress.
- In politics, someone who is progressive wants to make things better through new laws and methods.
- It's a victory for feminism and progressive politics.
- A progressive tax is a tax that makes the rich pay a much higher amount of their money than the poor.
- (grammar) The progressive aspect is made with a form of the verb "be" and a verb with an "-ing" at the end.
- The present progressive of "I go" is "I am going" and the past progressive of "I walk" is "I was walking".
- If a disease is progressive, it begins slowly and gets worse over time.