Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /prɪnsɪˈpælɪti/
- Hyphenation: prin‧ci‧pal‧i‧ty
- (old, no longer used) A principality is the process of being a ruler, prince, or other person of power.
- A principality is an area that is ruled by a prince or princess.
- Wales was a principality ruled by the son of the English King until it joined England in 1542.
- A principality is the state of being principal; pre-eminence.
The "prince" or "princess" is not always literal. Principality sometimes means a small country that has its own local leadership but is part of a larger country.