Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /prɪˈzjuːm/
- (US) IPA (key): /priˈz(j)um/ or /prəˈz(j)um/
- (AU) IPA (key): /prɪˈzjuːm/ or /prɪˈʒuːm/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /prɘˈzjʉːm/ or /prɘˈʒʉːm/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (transitive) If you presume something, you believe that it is true without evidence.
- The boy has been missing for a week, and is presumed dead.
- (intransitive) If you presume to do something, you do it though it is rude or wrong.
- I wouldn't presume to go to the party without an invitation.
- (transitive) If presumes , then requires and builds on it.
- This books presumes a basic understanding of English grammar.