Jump to navigation Jump to search
Persistent is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- If someone or something is persistent, they continue and do not give up quickly.
- She has had a persistent cough for weeks.
- There was a persistent knocking on the door.
- Many youth who spend time in jail actually become persistent offenders.
- There have been persistent rumours for years.
- (botany) Lasting past maturity without falling off.
- Pine cones have persistent scales.