Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /pɚˈsɪstənt/
- (UK) IPA (key): /pəˈsɪstənt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: per‧sis‧tent
- If someone or something is persistent, they continue and do not give up quickly.
- She has had a persistent cough for weeks.
- There was a persistent knocking on the door.
- Many youth who spend time in jail actually become persistent offenders.
- There have been persistent rumors for years.
- (botany) Lasting past maturity without falling off.
- Pine cones have persistent scales.