Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈpɑː.ti/, SAMPA: /"pA:.tI/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈpɑːr.ti/, SAMPA: /"pAr.tI/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (CAN) (file)
- (countable) A party is when people get together for fun or to celebrate something like a birthday.
- I'm throwing a huge party for my 21st birthday. There'll be cake, games, and lots of fun!
- (countable) A party is a political group.
- The Liberal Party will form the government.
- (countable) A party is any group of people who are together for a reason.
- Inside the restaurant, a party of four had taken their seats.
- (countable) (law) A party is one person or group in a disagreement.
- (intransitive) When you party, you go to a party and enjoy yourself.
- We partied until the early hours.