Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /aʊns/
- (countable) An ounce (oz) is a unit of weight equal to 1/16 of a pound or 28.35 grams.
- Add 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces).
- She was born around 5:00 a.m. this morning, weighing in at 9 pounds, 10 ounces.
- (countable) An ounce is a very small amount of something.
- He was still in great shape, with not an ounce of fat on him.
- She didn't show an ounce of emotion when he left.
- (countable) A fluid ounce (fl oz) is a unit of volume equal to 1/20 of a pint or 0.028 litres in Britain, and 1/16 of a pint or 0.030 litres in the US.