Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) An orbit is a circular path achieved by an object that goes around another that is generally bigger.
- The Earth's orbit around the sun is completed in nearly three hundred sixty-five days and a quarter of day.
- (countable) An orbit is the hole in the skull containing the eyeball.
- Cartoon characters sometimes have their eyeballs going out of their orbits in order to make their expression look funny.
- (uncountable) (metaphorical) An orbit is the sphere of influence a powerful person, organization or country can have.
- During the Cold War, almost all Eastern European countries were in the orbit of the USSR.