Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Canada) IPA: /ˈn(j)ukliɚ/
Audio (CA) (file)
- (UK) IPA: /ˈnjuː.klɪə/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA: /ˈn(j)ukliɚ/ or /ˈn(j)ukjəlɚ/ (see usage notes)
Audio (US) (file)
- Nuclear weapons, power, waste, etc. is produced by the collision of more than one nucleus, the central part of an atom.
- Japan relies mainly on nuclear power (atomic energy) generation for its energy needs.
- The US has more nuclear weapons than any other country. Many of them are called atomic bombs.
- Most Canadians live in a nuclear family: the husband, wife, and children.
- The pronunciation /nukjəlɚ/ is common but not standard.