Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˌnɑmɪˈneɪʃən/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌnɒmɪˈneɪʃən/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: nom‧i‧na‧tion
- (uncountable) Nomination The process of suggesting a candidate for either election to an office, or of a political party selecting its candidate for presidency.
- Senator Barry Goldwater won the Republican Party's nomination for President of the United States of America in 1964 after competing with and defeating Governor Nelson Rockefeller of New York for it.
- The giving of an honor or award.