- The next thing is the one after this one.
- I saw her again the next day.
- The advances in technology will be amazing in the next decade or so.
- When this is completed, the next step will be to edit everything carefully.
- She plans to leave the company in the next two years.
- The next place is the one beside, or on the other side of this one.
- No, this is number 12, number 14 is the next house.
- Be quiet, the children are sleeping in the next room.
- Next week, month, year, etc. is the one that follows this one.
- I'll see you again next week.
- Next is used with a superlative adjective to denote what follows in the specified order.
- The next best thing to flying is gliding.
- After something in order.
- Next, we have the 6:00 news.
- The time after this one.
- The woman was next seen in the office 4 days later.
- It was performed next the following year.
- Beside something.
- She stood next to the window.