Jump to navigation Jump to search
- narrow is part of the Basic English 850.
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈnæroʊ/ or /ˈnɛroʊ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈnærəʊ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (file)
- If something is narrow, it is not wide; it is thin.
- The bridge was narrow.
- She has a narrow waist.
- If something is narrow, it is limited.
- He has a narrow knowledge of math.
- (transitive & intransitive) If something is narrowed, it becomes thinner; it becomes narrower.
- He narrowed his eyes in anger.
- The road narrows near the lake.