Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Modesty is the attitude of not talking about or not trying to make people notice your abilities and achievements.
- Antonym: pride
- Two things were obvious: his intellectual honesty and the modesty with which he spoke.
- Without false modesty he knew he was the best teacher in the school.
- (uncountable) If you dress with, modesty you cover most of your body and do not wear sexy clothes or bright colours.
- There were also all sorts of rules about modesty in dress, you know, no pants for women.