Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (usually before the noun) You use mere to show how small or unimportant something is or seems to be.
- A mere 1% increase in pay made little difference.
- Humans sing to express feelings beyond mere words.
- Teachers are mere mortals with God-like tasks.
- The mere existence of oil and gas does not prove this is a good place to drill.
- The mere presence of a teacher of the student's own-race positively influences student effort.
- The mere mention of her name makes him angry.
- The mere fact that medicine is available has led to an more people coming.
- An artist is someone who creates something new rather than mere copies.