Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /məˈtjʊə/ or /məˈtʃʊə/ or /məˈtʃɔː/
- (US) IPA (key): /məˈtʃʊ(ə)r/ or /məˈtʃɝ/ or /məˈt(j)ʊər/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: ma‧ture
- Someone is mature if they act like an adult.
- You're not mature enough to do this job.
- A living thing is mature if it has stopped growing physically.
- A mature female is about 30 kg.
- Some kinds of food, such as wine, cheese, or fruit are mature when they are ready to eat or drink.
- A mature person is older.
- Colleges are accepting more mature students and fewer kids out of high school.
- If something is mature, it is fully developed.
- Television is a mature technology.
- If movies, books, etc. are mature, they are meant for adults because they contain violence, sex, etc.
- (intransitive) If something matures, it becomes fully developed.
- Along the way she has also matured into a beautiful young woman.
- These problems have been solved as the technology has matured.