Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A lump is a small hard part of something smooth, soft, or continuous.
- She felt the lump in her throat getting bigger and becoming even more painful.
- Her mother first discovered the lump in her breast a year ago.
- Add brown sugar and rub well between your fingers, breaking up any lumps of sugar.
- Last week, she received a lump sum payment of more than $250,000, or one year's salary.
- (countable) A lump is a person who is not active or clever.
- Come on, let's go. Don't be such a lump.
- If you take your lumps, bad things happen to you.
- He isn't the only member of the organization who has taken his lumps this year.
- To treat different things as the same thing or as part of the same group.
- People tend to lump turtles and tortoises together, when in fact they are different animals.