Jump to navigation Jump to search
Interval is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- A distance in space or in time.
- There is a ten-minute interval between classes.
- In music, an interval is the difference in pitch between two notes.
- In mathematics, an interval is a connected section of the real line.
- (mostly British) An intermission.
- In the game of cricket, either of the two breaks, at lunch and tea, between the three sessions of a day's play.