Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈɪntɚvəl/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈɪntəvəl/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: in‧ter‧val
- A distance in space or in time.
- There is a ten-minute interval between classes.
- In music, an interval is the difference in pitch between two notes.
- In mathematics, an interval is a connected section of the real line.
- (mostly British) An intermission.
- In the game of cricket, either of the two breaks, at lunch and tea, between the three sessions of a day's play.
- This short entry needs someone to make it better. You can help Wiktionary by adding to it.