Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /ɪnˈfleɪʃən/
- (uncountable) (economics) Inflation is a general increase in the price of goods and services.
- Because of inflation, I can't afford to go to the movies anymore.
- We have low unemployment, low inflation, good growth, and a strong economy.
- The rate of food inflation reached 24 percent in March.
- Wages adjusted for inflation actually fell last month.
- (uncountable) Inflation is the process of blowing up a balloon, bag, etc.
- The speed of inflation of the airbag is very important in protecting you in a car crash.
- (uncountable) Inflation is any process or result of growth.
- With competition to enter college, grade inflation is a serious problem across the country.