- If something is impossible it cannot happen or cannot be done.
- Antonym: possible
- It is impossible for people to breathe water.
- It's impossible for one man to build a whole city in one day.
- That shot is impossible, no one could hit the target from here.
- (informal) If a person is impossible they refuse to agree or to be peaceful.
- No point arguing with you! You're just impossible!
Some people object to the idea of something being "more impossible". They argue that something is either possible or not. Nevertheless, many people use and understand "more impossible".