Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- If something is immediate, it happens right away, without waiting.
- They are asking for an immediate withdrawal of American forces from Iraq.
- Immediate feedback from an online quiz was available for each lesson.
- When I saw it, my immediate reaction was, "this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."
- When he joined the team, the impact was immediate.
- (usually before the noun) An immediate danger, problem, etc. is one that exists and needs attention now.
- I did not harm anyone, put anyone in immediate danger.
- The immediate threat is from foreign fighters who are already here.
- If something is immediate, it is close or near.
- At this age, babies begin to notice things in their immediate environment.
- She refused to speak to anyone including friends and immediate family.
- I don't think we'll be building any more smart cars in the immediate future.