Jump to navigation Jump to search
Grade is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- A grade is a letter or number that you use to show how good something is. Usually, teachers use it to show how good a student's test or assignment is.
- He got 97% on his test. It was the top grade in the class.
- Our restaurant uses only the highest grade of meat.
- In North American English, a grade is the school year.
- Most Canadian children start grade one when they are six years old and finish grade 12 when they are 18.
- If you grade something, you judge how good it is.
- After the final exam, the teacher spent the whole weekend grading papers.
- My friends goes to the farm to grade animals that are going to be sold.