Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (singular), (uncountable) An excess is an amount that is too much.
- Cut the meat off the bone and remove any excess fat.
- At our meetings, there was always an excess of food.
- Cover the wood surface with oil and then wipe off the excess.
- (plural), (uncountable) Excesses are behaviours that are not against the law, but are still not accepted by society.
- After the excesses of her teens, she stopped smoking, drinking, and partying completely.
- People are sick of watching their leaders brought down by their excesses.
- Wild gambling and extravagent spending were excesses of the Regency period.
- If is in excess of , it is more than .
- The car was traveling in excess of 150 km/h.