Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You use else to show that something is not the same one as another thing.
- OK, he's cute, but what else has he got?
- I don't think this one fits me. Do you have anything else in the same colour?
- I've told you most of it. There's not much else I can think of.
- Else is used only after words beginning with some-, every-, any-, and no-, after question words, and after much, little, and all.
- You use or else to say that if doesn't happen or isn't true, would happen or would be true.
- They don't want to be here or else they would have come.
- You use or else to say that if something doesn't happen, it will be bad.
- You'd better clean your room, or else.