Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /dəʊˈmeɪn/, SAMPA: /d@U"meIn/
- (US) IPA (key): /doʊˈmeɪn/, SAMPA: /doU"meIn/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A domain is a field or area of knowledge or skill, or of where a rule is in force.
- The question of whether there is a god or not is not within the domain of science.
- The copyright is expired and the book is now in the public domain.
- (countable) A domain is a large area owned by a person or controlled by a government.
- The Royal Domain of Drottningholm stands on an island in Lake Mälar in a suburb of Stockholm.
- (countable) A domain (name) is a group of internet addresses or URLs that share the same last section (e.g., http://simple.wiktionary.org/wiki/domain is in the wiktionary.org domain.)
- If you want to set up a web site, the first step is probably to register a domain name such as amazon.com or google.com.