Jump to navigation Jump to search
Discretion is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (uncountable) Discretion is the ability and power to decide.
- The judge made a mistake in exercising his discretion to end the trial early.
- The money will be offered at the discretion of the Environmental Health Department.
- (uncountable) Discretion is the ability to do something in a way that does not upset people.
- (uncountable) Discretion is the ability to keep a secret.