Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /dɪˈzæs.tɚ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /dɪˈzɑːs.tə(ɹ)/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: di‧sas‧ter
- (countable & uncountable) A disaster is a serious problem.
- Feed the Children has been involved in disaster relief around the world.
- The San Francisco Earthquake was the deadliest natural disaster in U.S.
- President Bush declared New Orleans a federal disaster area.
- The flight had just left the airport when disaster struck.
- A major environmental disaster is the drying up of the Aral Sea.
- What can the country and each one of us do to avoid economic disaster?
- A spokesman said the plan was a recipe for disaster and should be defeated.
- When families get together, there is always the potential for disaster.
- We need additional vehicles to assist us in distributing the goods to the victims of disasters.