Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- A desperate action is one that is dangerous or likely to fail, but one that you take because you have no choice.
- During the fire, some people tried to break through a wall in a desperate attempt to survive.
- Doctors are running out of time in their desperate search for a cure.
- They took desperate measures to survive, including killing and eating their dog.
- A desperate situation is a very bad one.
- Trucks have not been able to reach the village for weeks, and the food situation appears desperate.
- They are in desperate need of help.
- If someone is desperate, they have a very strong want or need for something.
- We're desperate for money to help these people.