- (uncountable) Delight is the feeling of being very happy.
- There was a real sense of relief when the war ended and great delight that it had stopped.
- They laughed with delight because he was their favorite uncle.
- To her surprise and delight, she was right.
- She took great delight in being able to play the piano again.
- (countable) A delight is something that makes you feel very happy.
- Your children are such a delight.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you delight somebody, you make them feel very happy.
- We delight in the beauty around us.
- The gift delighted her.