Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Custody is the act of taking care of something or somebody as it relates to the law, usually children.
- The court gave custody to the childrens' father.
- (uncountable) Custody is the brief watching over or taking care of a persons' things.
- The bank has taken custody of the house while I finish paying the money owed on my loan.
- (uncountable) Custody is when someone is watched over or put in prison, usually while waiting for a trial
- Until the trial, the judge ordered the defendant to stay in police custody because of the risk of him running away.