Currency is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable & uncountable) A currency is the money from a particular country.
- A person going abroad can obtain foreign currency notes and travellers' cheques from his own bank.
- The US dollar ended lower against most other currencies in London.
- Since then the exchange value of the currency has fallen by 78%.
- (uncountable) If something has currency, it is generally accepted.
- After the war, these new ideas began to gain currency.
- (uncountable) The state of being up to date.
- A book's bibliography can be a good indicator of currency in the text.