Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Courtesy is beliefs and actions related to being polite and respectful.
- Synonym: politeness
- Our teachers treated us with courtesy and kindness.
- (countable) A courtesy is something you do for someone to make things nicer for them, but for which you are not paid.
- Synonym: kindess
- She sent you the photo as a small courtesy.
- (uncountable) If you receive something courtesy of someone else, they have provided it for free.
- All photos are courtesy of the city of Mississauga.
- (usually before a noun) A courtesy title is one that people call you, even though it has no true basis.
- Eveyone called the prince the Duke of Eaves as a courtesy title.