Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cooperative is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- In a cooperative effort, project, etc., a number of people work together to do something.
- Development of the machine became a cooperative effort between university and industry in the UK.
- If someone is cooperative, they listen and try to help or work with you.
- He was very hard to work with, but recently has become much more cooperative.
- (countable) A cooperative is a type of business that is owned by the people working there or by its customers.
- Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC), a retail co-operative, is Canada's largest supplier of outdoor equipment and has more than two million members.