Jump to navigation Jump to search
Contemporary is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- If something is contemporary it is related to this time (now). Technically, this is an incorrect usage; better is to use "modern", "now" or "present-day".
- The artist has a great knowledge of the sources of historical and contemporary art.
- If is contemporary with , they happened at about the same time.
- They are sources that are contemporary or near contemporary with the period being studied.
- (countable) Somebody's contemporary is a person who lived at or near the same time.
- This is what made Marx so different from his socialist contemporaries.