Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) enPR: kən-tān', IPA (key): /kənˈteɪn/, SAMPA: /k@n"teIn/
Audio (CAN) (file)
- Hyphenation: con‧tain
- (transitive) If contains , is in .
- Did the envelope contain a letter?
- Each box contains enough food for a family of ten for about a week.
- The opinions contained in this report are the private opinions of the authors.
- The plant's leaves have a rich lemon smell and contain compounds that can keep away insects.
- Some building materials contain a high percentage of recycled material.
- Tea contains substances called antioxidants that can help keep cells healthy.
- A big part of Mississippi's history is contained in those files.
- (transitive) If you contain something, you stop it from getting out.
- Molly was so happy should could barely contain her tears.
- Firefighters are trying to contain the fire in an area away from houses.