Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈkɒmpɹəˌmaɪz/, SAMPA: /"kQmpr@%maIz/
- (US) IPA: /ˈkɑmpɹəˌmaɪz/, SAMPA: /"kAmpr@%maIz/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A compromise is an agreement in which everyone gets only some of what they wanted.
- The two parties who were arguing came to a compromise.
- (uncountable) Compromise is the act making this type of agreement.
- Compromise is difficult, but without it, most deal will never happen.
- (uncountable) Something between two different things.
- A split level house is a compromise between a ranch house and a multistorey house.
- Synonyms: sell out, blight, deal, peril, imperil, meet halfway, arbitrate, find happy medium, settlement, fifty-fifty, middle ground, weaken, trade off, conciliate, win-win situation, concede, arrangement, settle and copout