- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈkɒ.lə.ni/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈkɔ.lə.ni/ or /ˈkɑ.lə.ni/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: col‧ony
- (countable) A colony is a place that is settled by people from another place.
- The Amana Colonies in Iowa were settled by people from New York and Germany
- (countable) A colony is a group of organisms of same or different species living together in close association.
- An ant colony is a large group of ants that live together
A map showing colonies in 1945. (sense 1)
colony in biology (E.coli). (sense 2)
colony in biology. (sense 2)